I'll start with my 18 in 2018 PIECING LIST . . .
I finished the top for my first Jack's Basket quilt
using RSC's January prompt for light and medium blues.
I'll back it with the puffy clouds in a blue sky yardage.
This is the second quilt top for Jack's Basket
using February's prompt for purples.
I'll back it with the Marcia Derse purple in the foreground.
I'll wait until Angela Walters shares an appropriate
design as part of her Free Motion Quilting-along
challenge before I pin baste these two.
The first week was meandering
(which I don't care for)
and this week is curved stitching.
(think orange peels)
I already have a waiting RSC 16 quilt top
that is perfect for this style of quilting
so I will use it to put in my practice time.
(link to the quilting along in my sidebar)
Painted Daisies is now a flimsy.
Rainbow Charms is also now a flimsy.
The blocks are sewn and squared for Groundhog Day
which features my 2016 Cherrywoods purchase
mixed with other solids, near-solids,
and plaids from the stash.
My new goal is to get this one sewn together
and off the design wall in the next week or so.
* * *
Now on my 18 in 2018 QUILTING List . . .
This adopted project moved quickly from
the PIECING List to the QUILTING List
and now qualifies as a full-fledged finish!
Gerry's Pumpkins was quilted by Chris Ballard -
because she truly loves to quilt pumpkins.
Sunflower Summer has been pin-basted
so this one should become a finish during March.
Dumpster Diving 3.0 aka Waterfall
has also been pin-basted since this photo was taken.
I plan to get this one quilted and finished during March.
* * *
I'm very happy with this month's progress . . .
Linking up with the February 18 in 2018 page.
Click through to see what the others
have accomplished this month.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"There's always a work in progress -
be it in the mind, the soul, the heart, or in your hands."
Rick Howse








11 comments:
Your productivity is humbling. I got nothing finished. I have a quilt retreat this weekend, so maybe I can make some progress. Very, very beautiful and diverse quilts.
You really had a productive and very colorful month!!
I really enjoyed looking at all of your projects. I also have a quilt ready that would be perfect for the orange peel. I will be using a template for it. I need the practice with templates and free motion on this design!
Wonderful to see all of these pictured together- just color-drenched and beautiful! Your Rainbow Charms is going to be a knockout.
What a productive quiltmaker you have been!! It looks like you made EVERY day count!
You've had a beautiful and productive month.
Great work. You always use color in such a vibrant and exciting way. With 3 more days in March your next recap will be extra long. :0)
Great progress and so many gorgeously bold quilts. I love your simplicity of pattern that brings out the best of the colours. Have an awesome March.
Look at you go! Great progress and so much wonderful color.
You are so productive! Some lovely colour here too - perfect for raising the spirits amidst the winter gloom and chill.
Goodness, it's no wonder you're happy with your progress this month - lots of wonderful colour in your projects.
Post a Comment