Sunday, February 4, 2018

One Seam at a Time




One seam at a time,
all 80 blocks for Groundhog Day
(my solids and near-solids with a splash of plaid -
see previous post for more images)
are now sewn together.

About 1/3 of them are pressed.

You can guess where I'll be later today . . .
spending some quality time with my trusty steam iron.

THEN it will be time to play 
with these on the design wall
before I do any trimming or squaring.


Photo taken at Jumping Jellybean


And if this isn't the picture of pure joy,
I'm not sure what that picture should look like.

(for an bigger smile,
 double click and supersize the photo)

He'll be 18 months old tomorrow . . .



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."  
Benjamin  Disraeli

7 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

OH so,cute!

Mari said...

He certainly looks happy! Must be all those happy colors surrounding him.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great progress. I had sick grandkids all weekend= no progress.

Heidi said...

Great photo, I'm looking forward to see the top !

Louise said...

I think fabric stores should have giant bins of scraps where we quilters can immerse ourselves like that...

Janie said...

Good progress and tons of fun with your grandson!
They're so adorable at that age.

LynneP said...

OMG, Julie...your grandbaby is DARLING!!!