Monday, January 1, 2018

Final Finishes of 2017

Photographed in Bride's dressing room at Davies Manor


Those recently adopted star blocks 
and miscellaneous pieces/parts
have been turned into this reversible runner.

80" long by 11" wide

Photographed in Bride's dressing room at Davies Manor


I used the miscellaneous pieces and parts
 to create this wonderful scrappy reverse side.

DH and I both like the reverse side even more than the front.




Here is a sunlit detail photo 
of the liberated free motion quilting
done using Glide thread in Hawaiian Blue.




And this is how that stitching looks
on the reverse side of the runner.




There were enough extra 2.5" squares to create 
a coordinating 16" square table mat.
(quilted with liberated free motion orange peels)

My sister is going to love both of these -
especially since she lives in the white snowy north.

* * *

I kept a list of my 2017 finishes 
with links to their reveal posts HERE.

It was a very good year in the studio
with lots of pondering and piecing
as well as plenty of free motion quilting.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow."
Proverb

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a seriously long table runner! I'm sure your sister will have fun flipping it over for a new look now and then.
Planned front, playtime back....I always like my playtime pieces better than the first planned one. Lesson learned so I don't do as much planning now.

Ann said...

I need to make some placemats. Soon. And I'd love a runner for my Texas table. Very clever to make it two-sided.

Louise said...

Love those blues, yellows and foresty green together! I'm sure your sister will be very happy :)