Sunday, December 31, 2017

18 in 2018 - The Piecing Edition



Today I am sharing a second list 
for Lynette's 18 in 2018.

This list is for already-in-progress projects
and others I want to work on during 2018.

By compiling this list,
(a serious effort in itself)
I hope to keep myself on track
instead of being so easily distracted
by what others are doing.

It will be interesting to see if this works.

* * *

Here are the projects,
in no particular order:



PARTLY SUNNY
PROJECT STARTED – fabric pull June 2017
CURRENT STATUS – HSTs pieced ready to create blocks
NEXT STEP – piece 20 blocks
BACK – scrappy back pieces and parts prepared ready for assembly
BINDING – binding with flange ready



RETIRED TOO
PROJECT STARTED – HSTs cut out October 2017
CURRENT STATUS – Broken Dishes blocks done. 
NEXT STEP – Piece remaining alternate string blocks and assemble top
BACK – fabric chosen
Binding – made



WINKEL INSPIRED MINI SPIDERWEB
PROJECT STARTED – fabric pull December 2017
CURRENT STATUS – ready to begin
NEXT STEP – cut strips and strings for piecing spider web blocks
BACKING – fabric on order
BINDING – fabric on order



SCRAPPY TRIPS
PROJECT STARTED – fabric purchased Cyber Monday 2017
CURRENT STATUS – 6 blocks made
NEXT STEP – make remaining 14 blocks and assemble top
This top will be set back until I need a baby girl quilt



TWO BY TWO
PROJECT STARTED – fabric purchased Cyber Monday 2017
CURRENT STATUS – sewing strip sets started
NEXT STEP – continue sewing strip sets, then cut segments for blocks
BACK – Vintage fabric ready
BINDING - TBD



CHERRYWOOD ABSTRACT WALLHANGING
PROJECT STARTED – fabric purchased September 2016 in Chattanooga
CURRENT STATUS – design decision made
NEXT STEP – use die cutter to prepare half rectangle segments
BACK – fabric chosen
BINDING - TBD



OUTBACK WIFE
PROJECT STARTED – fabric purchased May 2017 
CURRENT STATUS – design decision made
NEXT STEP – wash FQs and cut out squares to make oversize HSTs
BACKING – fabric chosen
BINDING - TBD



ORGANIZED CHAOS 
or, as I've named it, Someday is Now
PROJECT STARTED – focus fabric purchased April 2017
(NOT what is shown in photo above -
I've been wanting to make this quilt for YEARS)
CURRENT STATUS – strips cut and paired
NEXT STEP – sew strip sets together 
BACK – fabric chosen
BINDING - TBD



GERRRY’S PUMPKINS WALLHANGING
PROJECT STARTED – Adopted November 2017
CURRENT STATUS – edited and simplified into a four block wallhanging
NEXT STEP – create fourth block and assemble top
BACKING – fabric chosen
BINDING –fabric chosen



CHRISTMAS - Scrappy Something
PROJECT STARTED – fabrics pulled December 2017
Target goal for use December 2018
CURRENT STATUS – Need to choose design/style/approach
NEXT STEP – select final version of fabrics and start cutting out 
BACK – use fabrics from stash
BINDING – use fabrics from stash



CHRISTMAS - Cultural Fusion Zig Zag
PROJECT STARTED – fabric pull started December 2017
Target goal for use December 2018
CURRENT STATUS – ready for final fabric choices
NEXT STEP – cut out strips for 20 blocks
BACK – choose fabrics from stash
BINDING – use fabric from stash



LONDON FIELDS
PROJECT STARTED – pattern purchased July 2017
CURRENT STATUS – focal fabrics pulled
NEXT STEP – start making blocks 
BACK – vintage fabric ready
BINDING – fabrics chosen (main with flange)




BLANKET BAY
PROJECT STARTED – Summer 2017
CURRENT STATUS – fabrics pulled
NEXT STEP – start cutting out 
BACK – fabric ready
BINDING – fabric chosen pending finished quilt top
I want to modify the shape of this
so it can be used as a table topper for our kitchen.




PANELMANIA CHALLENGE QUILT
PROJECT STARTED – Challenge issued November 2017
DUE DATE – November 1, 2018
CURRENT STATUS – panel and supporting fabrics from stash chosen
NEXT STEP – cut panel apart and finalize design
BACK – 2d panel and supporting fabric ready
BINDING - TBD



SEEKING BALANCE
PROJECT STARTED – fabrics cut out August 2017
CURRENT STATUS – waiting to begin
NEXT STEP – set up four patches to sew as Leader-Enders
BACK – fabric chosen
BINDING – TBD 
This is a stash buster project designed to use
black and white squares cut for but not use in another project
and a terrific backing fabric that has languished in the stash.



SNOWBALLS
PROJECT STARTED – design chosen August 2017
CURRENT STATUS – fabrics chosen
NEXT STEP – cut out corners for snowball blocks
BACK – fabrics chosen
BINDING - TBD



TREEHOUSE FOUR PATCH
PROJECT STARTED – summer 2017
CURRENT STATUS – alternate color squares cut – ready to sew
NEXT STEP – set up four patches to be sewn as leader-enders
Once pieced, this top along with backing yardage
will be set back until I need a baby boy quilt

With one spot left over
for a new project to join the list.


* * *

I have set up a dedicated page here on the blog
with my two introductory lists.

As I make progress, 
I'll add tracking updates on that page.

There is also a permanent logo with links
in my sidebar for easy reference.

Here's to turning projects into quilt tops
and quilt tops/backs into finished quilts!

* * *

I've also linked this post
so you can check out what the others
are planning to work on in 2018.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either."
Leo Burnett

13 comments:

Kaja said...

Lots of people seem to have found 17 in 2017 helpful, so I hope that this year's version works for you. You have so many wonderful projects on the go all at once!

Dorothy said...

You will love "Organized Chaos" -- it's like potato chips-can't eat just one. I was part of the testing group for the pattern. I am doing a 2nd quilt Love it,Love Sujata

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

So many great projects and great idea to really take inventory. I find I really have to write it all out because at a certain point I will literally forget about projects! Happy new year!

Cathy said...

Oooh so many wonderful projects. I can't wait to see them all. Happy New Year. Hugs, Cathy

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW many wonderful projects to work on during 2018!!! Happy New Year!

Linda Swanekamp said...

You are making me feel better about myself. Giving me courage to list all my work. I think a separate page would be great. I am not sure how to set it up. I love how you set off the photos with a shadow and a frame.

Chookyblue...... said...

Goodluck.....

joe tulips said...

Your organization is amazing, but not surprising. You are good at organizing! I don't even doubt you will do it all.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Funny - that is exactly what another blogging friend said about that quilt - potato chips! Sorry I had to reply here but your comment came to me as a no-reply blogger.

Janie said...

Thanks for sharing your plans and ideas.
Happy New Year to you and your family!

Lynette said...

I can't tell you how much I love that you have two separate 18 lists. :D Something I could easily join you at if I weren't too lazy right now to set that up. I may just try to match you at it, though, as the year proceeds~!

Kyle said...

What great projects and creative challenges ahead. I'm a list person too.

dq said...

You sure do have some organized yummy fabrics in this post. It will be so much fun to see them evolve into beautiful quilts.