Scrap Happens is finished!
I made this last year during the
Gwen-Inspired Medallion Quilt Along
organized by
Cathy at Big Lake Quilter
Katy at KatyQuilts
Wendy at The Constant Quilter
Cynthia at wabi-sabi quilts
and
Lori at Humble Quilts
Here are links to my previous prompt-reveal posts
for those who might not have seen them:
and
(The theme for Round Five was 'Something Fishy'
and rather than add on to Scrap Happens,
I chose to make a mini quilt.)
44" wide x 55" long
* * *
Next week Scrap Happens will travel cross country
to visit Lori of Humble Quilts
and be part of the First Friday exhibit
at QuiltWorks in Bend, Oregon
during the month of May.
If you are lucky enough to go see the exhibit,
please take photos and share them with me . . .
* * *
Linking up with The Rainbow Scrap Challenge
where the official color for March is red
and a new color for April isn't far away.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"A leopard does not change his spots,
Or change his feeling that spots are rather a credit."
Ivy Compton-Burnett



22 comments:
I love this quilt!! It's really beautiful. I love the quilting. It really adds a lot of interest and texture. Congratulations on a beautiful finish.
Love the colors and the quilting! Great job.
Love this quilt! And it's such a lucky quilt that it gets to travel to visit quilting friends!
awesome quilt! love that quilting texture and all the bright colors.
Scrap Happens is scrap happiness!! Lovely.
LOVE that quilt!
Not only are the colors gorgeous- it is so much FUN! Can't help but make you smile when you look at it. I hope the viewers on its travels are cheered by it.
Went back and read about each round on this quilt and found it fascinating. It's a gorgeous colored quilt with wonderful quilting. There are some quilts one wants to hug.
That will be a great addition to the show. Your backing is so perfect with the front.
Wonderful finish! I love the pink & green combo!
Love this one, and how fun to have it guested in a show!
Ditto what eveyone else said above! The colors and quilting, as well as the blocks you chose, just make me smile! What a wonderful finish!
It is gorgeous bright quilt. Great finish!!
It seems that your fifth round - something fishy - is expressed in the waves you quilted. I can imagine little fishies swimming under those waves. Great quilt!!
Beautifully done! Love the pretty pinks in with all the scraps.
So pretty, and I really like the backing with that, it is perfect together!
Fabulous!
Awesome scrap quilt!
OH it is stunning! :) How fun that it is going to travel now.:)
Gorgeousness! Those border stars are tiny but powerful!
That's wonderful that your quilt will be part of the quilt exhibit. It will be a fantastic addition.
Of course it's fabulous! What a happy quilt. :-)
Post a Comment