Thursday, February 16, 2017

Metamorphosis



The segments are sewn together
and the rows trimmed to 
approximately 50 inch lengths.




There were enough trimmings 
from the row ends to piece another full row
which will definitely help offset 
the shrinkage from sewing rows together.




This 6" x 28" length is all that was left over.

Yes!



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn. 
(Hal Borland)

18 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Very pretty and springlike.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is a great combination of fabrics. There is just enough value change to keep the eye roving around.

Nifty Quilts said...

It looks great! Light and fresh.

Dolly said...

AMAZING lot of strip-piecing ! I love it !

Sheila said...

I Love how this is coming together!

Heidi said...

i love love this quilt... so gentle and happy

Barb said...

looks like spring and summer - great!

Gale Bulkley said...

It's beautiful.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love this (audible scream of joy!) I just love sewing small pieces to make fabric like this! Are all the rows the same height? Just gorgeous, gorgeous!

Frog Quilter said...

Lovely and it will provide many snuggling naps.

Louise said...

I love that feeling of using up all the scraps from a particular project! I'm sure you can find a way to incorporate that final 28" length into the backing...

Paulette said...

Oh, this is so pretty!

Kyle said...

Fabulous colors. Spring must be just around the corner.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Nice! You make me wish I had a machine right now......I would go sew this!

gayle said...

It's really been fun watching you make this. I love getting to see what goes on behind the curtain!

Mystic Quilter said...

We can really see Spring is on the way!! Beautiful.

Kaja said...

Beautiful springlike colours, and what was I saying about quilt names?

Magpie Sue said...

I am not traditionally a fan of pastels but I'm loving the look of this quilt in progress! Thanks for letting me know the individual strips are varying widths; I couldn't be sure from the photos. I have coins in my future, I just know it!