Last fall, Lori of Humble Quilts
hosted the Quilts Madder quilt-along.
I started out following her directions
but somewhere along the line
my plan veered off in another direction.
This is the first of two quilts from that process.
(un-quilted outdoor photo here)
The liberated free motion quilting
shows up nicely on the back, too.
I added fast finish triangles on all four corners
since this little quilt could be hung more than one direction.
Measures 24" wide x 20" tall
and counts as my first finished quilt of 2017.
(sorry - too wet and messy for an outdoor photo)
* * *
Remember my word for 2017?
SMILE . . .
![]() |
| Five months old already ?!?! |
A fellow NICU baby-friend
gave Mr. Marvelous this onesie -
his socks even have little capes on the heels.
Happy Monday to all!
Quiltdivajulie





14 comments:
I like the quilting - very unique! Is it your own design and was it easy to do? Thanks Julie.
I was reading and enjoying your photos then, wow, that smile jumped up and shook my hnad ;-) Mr. Marvelous is getting so big and has a such and engaging smile! Now, back to the the quilting.....did you start and stop for each circle???
Love the quilt, love the baby. That's all.
I love all of those triangles marching in the same direction!
It looks like the little guy is happy being your super hero.
Great quilt finish and what a cutie pie!
I really like that quilting idea. And the pictures of the wee one, how adorable.
Super HST quilt, lovely colour and quilting design.
What a great quilting design for this quilt. Mr Marvelous has an infectious smile!
That's the cutest Superman I've ever seen!
I love your FMQ quilting, took me a little while to work out how you did it but I think I have it now, will give it a try sometime.
That's a great quilting pattern! How big are the HSTs?
Mr. Marvelous is such a happy little guy :)
Super quilting on those hst's and a super Mr. marvelous!
What fabulous quilting. That makes two things to smile about in this post. What a cutie!
I really like your quilting - suits the HSTs perfectly. As for Mr Marvelous, he gets cuter every time he pops up on here.
Post a Comment