Sunday, January 22, 2017

Barn News and Notes




I will be sharing quilts and stories
from The Free Pieced Barn Project at the
Uncommon Threads Quilt Guild meeting
in Germantown, Tennessee
on Tuesday, January 24.

The guild meets at Germantown UMC,
2331 South Germantown Road.

Their meeting starts at 6:30 and ends by 9:00.

For those who are local,
I hope you can make it.

* * *

In other BUILD A BARN news . . .


The Seasonal Sampler (L) at AQS Chattanooga 2016
(quilt on right by Gwen Marston from her book Free Range Triangles)


Last week I learned 
The Seasonal Sampler 
WILL be traveling to all six
of this year's AQS shows
as part of the Author's Showcase:

Daytona Beach, FL (Mar. 1 – 4)
 Lancaster, PA (Mar. 29 – Apr. 1)
Spring Paducah, KY (Apr. 26 – 29) 
Grand Rapids, MI (Aug. 16 – 19) 
Fall Paducah, KY (Sep. 13 – 16) 
and
Des Moines, IA (Oct. 4 – 7)

If any of you make it to any of the shows,
I'd love to have a photo of you with the quilt.

(email address is in 
my profile in the sidebar)





I'm also excited to share
that I will be teaching a week-long class 
in April at the John C. Campbell Folk School
in Brasstown, North Carolina.

CLICK HERE for class details.
(there's also a link in my sidebar)

Those of you who have followed my blog
for very long know that DH and I have spent
quite a few vacation weeks taking classes at JCCFS.




This link will take you to their home page.

From that starting point, you can learn about 
the history of the place,
the philosophy of their programming,
and details for schedules, housing, and more.

I hope you'll take a look
and that you will consider joining 
the Build a Barn class!



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened.  (Dr. Seuss)

9 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Boy, I wish I lived closer that Buffalo- I would so take your class in a heartbeat! I also wish I could have know you sooner so I could have done the barns earlier. Just love all your work. Thanks for sharing!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Congratulations. i would love to go to this, one day!

Shelina said...

How wonderful that your quilt will be displayed in so many places so many people can see it and be inspired by it, and so much wonderful that people will be able to learn your techniques directly from you!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lectures, shows, and classes, oh my! Lots of great barn news. Congrats!

LA Paylor said...

applause at your success! Good on you my friend!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Congratulations on the teaching gig!!

gayle said...

Hurray for all the happy barn news!
I've got a barn-building project on my list for this year. My dad swears he's done building barns (and he claims that he really means it this time), so I'll have to build some fabric ones just to hold up my end of the family tradition!

Kyle said...

Congratulations. That's great news about your quilt and all your teaching opportunities.

Mari said...

Congratulations on lots of good news! I'm planning to go to Lancaster, so I can't wait to see the barn quilts!