Note One
I added three more solids to the mix
for my September class with Gwen Marston -
along with two bits of brights on black from the stash.
I can't be certain yet,
but other colors may also
find their way into my stash
so I've cleared a small space on the shelf.
(just in case)
And, just for the record,
these are Moda Bella solids.
Note Two
I bought this little pressing iron years ago
and took it to one class.
When it came home,
it went into a drawer
where it has lived for a very long time.
Now it and a Steady Betty pressing mat
are set up beside my sewing machine.
This makes it easier to press seams as I work
instead of going too far before taking time
to get up and use my beloved full size steam iron.
(I'll share the project that pushed me to do this tomorrow)
Note Three
Younger son requested a new cover for his 16" throw pillow.
(free form rail fence block from
Sujata Shah's book Cultural Fusions)
Here the finished cover is ready to be filled with the pillow form . . .
And here it is finished.
This pillow goes along with his Midtown Vibe quilt.
Note Four
Camp Sefton is open for business this week.
It is very, very difficult to be in a bad mood
when Darcy is around.
She is such a happy dog
and she does love her small red Kong toy.
![]() |
| Omigosh, these are sooooo good! |
Note Five
DH and I tried making
potato chips in the microwave
after chancing upon an online video.
Prepare potato slices 1/32nd inch thick
(we used our mandoline)
Toss these in a plastic bag
with 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
(we used canola)
Layer on a sheet of parchment paper
and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes
until slices begin to brown
(do pay attention so they don't overcook)
Remove from microwave,
sprinkle with seasoning of choice,
and devour!
Quiltdivajulie






5 comments:
Lovely bright fabrics Julie and you must be enjoying having Darcy around the house, nothing like dogs and cats for keeping us busy!
I am sooo hungry waiting for Carrie to call and tell me where and when she wants to meet for her birthday dinner.......yes, that is all I got out of that post, the food.
mmm potato chips! fun
your solids look great -how wonderful to be taking a class from Gwen!
Darcy is a cutie to be sure. :- ) The pillow cover is another great piece!
Nice bright fabrics, and your little iron is exactly what I need (I realise now).
Post a Comment