My second QOV quilt top has been sewn together.
I made thirty-five 12" blocks that used ALL of
my black-on-white and white-on-black strings.
(plus the red and scrappy blue center strings)
The flimsy measures 60" x 84"
This is the reverse side of the quilt.
I pieced the blocks onto the reverse side of a variety of lightweight fabrics
that had been languishing in the stash.
(and if you look closely, you can see the strings through the foundation squares)
This side reminds me so much of the view from an airplane -
which is why I chose the name
Heartland.
On the right is the black and white spotted blue backing fabric.
Along the right hand edge of the top,
I've pinned the black and white binding.
Here is the rest of the nearly 10 WOF of binding,
stitched and pressed and ready for a QOV volunteer.
(and I do love the blue backing fabric --
the spots and dots are a happy counterpoint to the linear strings)
I'm delighted with the way this turned out . . .
![]() |
| Heartland - 60" wide x 84" long - shown here with it's blue backing fabric |
I wanted to take the flimsy and backing outside in the sunshine,
but my energy level said "oh, no you don't"
so this photo on the design wall was the best I could muster.
* * *
Quiltdivajulie






5 comments:
I'm sure this one will be loved very much.
This is a beauty! Happy to see you're feeling able to get back to a little sewing.
I love this..
It is so gorgeous - and!! There is plaid in the foundations- ha ha!! We had a quilt lady the other night say that it wasn't a quilt until there was purple some place ( for her) and everyone turned to me and said - for you that is plaid.... so there you go - I have converted you too .. Ha Ha hA!
Wonderful quilt. Very effective. I love using all the scraps in a certain color... And then I feel free to buy some more! Enjoy your next shopping trip.
Post a Comment