Last month, younger son and I spent an afternoon
at our local paint-your-own-pottery place.
This is the "before" photo of my mug.
This is the "after" photo.
The mug is perfect for this spot beside my sewing machine.
I am playing along with one of Sophie's two mystery quilts this year.
These are my first six blocks for her Old MacDonald Sampler.
You can read more about it HERE.
(there's also a permanent link in my sidebar)
I've started participating in the Wednesday morning quilt group
that meets at Hillwood at Davies Manor.
Such an intelligent, diverse group of women
with a wide range of needlework skills.
Each week I've been taking a couple of these dress shirts
(elder son recently cleaned out his closet)
and cutting them apart for future use.
And then there is THIS . . .
![]() |
| photo will supersize if double-clicked |
Valerie of Purple Boots and Pigtails
and I were Secret Santa swap partners.
THIS is what she sent me!
Barn from "Snowva Scotia"
fits perfectly in the space just above
the open doorway of my studio closet -
the space that was converted to house
the computer work area where I wrote the book.
THANK YOU, VALERIE -- I LOVE IT!
And then she sent me this photo . . .
Quiltdivajulie







9 comments:
I like the mug a lot - it always seems like magic the way glaze colours come strong in the kiln. I envy you your Wednesday morning group - if it weren't for the web I would be blogging in a vacuum. And wow - Valerie totally nailed your Secret Santa swap, didn't she?
Wow, I love your mug and your Snowva Scotia souvenir... wonderful! So, what will become of those shirts? Hmmmm.....inquiring minds NEED to know! ;)
Wow WOW WOWWWWW. Triple WOW today - the mug, the Wed. group, and the Secret Santa swap. How cool is that BARN!!! Love it!!
Oops, I missed a WOW - I checked on the Lotto BOM - how cool is that BOM. Maybe...
Oh gosh...fun fun stuff!
Lovely rich colours on your mug and the Barn from Snowva Scotia couldn't be more apt!
It's lovely to be part of a group, something I miss as our little group is no more.
Love the red barn panel. Couldn't have found a more appropriate home!
Haha - I love Valerie's quilt for you Julie! How fun! The reference to "Snowva Scotia" made me laugh. :)
Ooh are you going to have fun with all those dress shirts!
Love your mug. We like to do that sometimes too. I have a shelf full of family creations fro paint your own pottery places.
Nice mug and lovely gift from Valerie.
Post a Comment