Last week's pile of scraps and chunks
have been stitched together into this slab.
Approx. 24" x 36"
Interesting to see see that same slab
in black and white . . .
January's 15" liberated wedding ring block is done.
So now there are 3 of 12 on the design wall.
Note added later:
My design comes from
Gwen Marston's and Freddy Moran's second book -
Freddy and Gwen Collaborate Again.
I also cut three squares for the Bento Box project.
Four brown, three blue, and one orange
8 of 28
Now I need to get some of the background pieces cut out.
* * *
Linking up with The Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
CLICK HERE to see more blue scrappy projects.
Quiltdivajulie






21 comments:
Love how you have used your slab. I especially like it cut in the Wedding Rings; it gives the simple shapes a lot of depth and texture.
Something about that giant slab of made fabric just makes my heart sing. Those liberated wedding rings are really coming together beautifully. Maybe I'll try some next year.....
your slab is fantastic! so flat... so pretty... your bento box quilt will be great! looks like your squares are 7"? I love quilts for RSC that we can just work on color by color....
A great way to organise and use your scraps Julie. I like your liberated wedding rings; I'd never seen this block before, but it's a winner.
Your fabrics are beautiful!
I love how creative you are with the slabs. All the blocks look great!
You made good use of all those blue scraps. Love the wedding ring blocks and looking forward to seeing the bento box blocks come together.
Love that slab of blue! That wedding ring block is definitely a winner! With its size, you'll have a quilt in no time!! Wonderful eye candy!!
Slab is such a great way to create these other blocks. They all look fantastic. Thanks for sharing the idea.
You are a genius! I was planning to do those blocks with strips, but didn't have enough long ones to accomplish it. I've also been planning to make a slab with my small scraps. So now, thanks to your brilliance and my unabashed willingness to copy your idea, I can still make those blocks! my corner square triangles will be smaller, though. I love visiting your blog!!
I absolutely LOVE the way that you found to put your Slabs to work!!
That slab is definitely a success - very nice. Enjoyed seeing all of your projects coming along.
You are just always brimming over with fabulous ideas! (And that liberated wedding ring just went into my queue...)
The slab piece looks great, such intense blue. Same for the rings. Are they for another,project? I've never seen the pattern before. Good going!
Gotta say again that I love your rich blues! Your method of sewing up a slab then cutting into is great. Both projects coming along a treat!
Love the new fabric you have created! The liberated wedding ring just sings. Great job.
What a great start on what promises to be a gorgeous quilt!
beautiful blues. You made a good use of the blue slab
rings of colors. Hi Julie! Great talking to you the other day. LeeAnna
Great blocks - I love the idea of creating a slab of scraps to make your blocks.
This is such an interesting concept for a quilt! (and taming scraps)
Post a Comment