Monday, December 7, 2015

Winter Sunshine - the Quilt




Winter Sunshine is finished!

Started in January 2015.

Quilted by Chris Ballard




The finished quilt measures 58" wide x 74" long.




I love the texture of the quilting in the fabrics . . .
and the colors are so wonderful,
especially as we begin "khaki season"
here in western Tennessee.




Photo shoot at a local park
on a gloriously sunny afternoon.



My assistant . . .

* * *

Can't wait to send this one through
the washer and dryer so it softens and crinkles.




Quiltdivajulie

10 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Wonderfully happy quilt and I love the effect of the swirly quilting. Do you use wool or cotton batting Julie?

Yanicka said...

I love this quilt. Blue and yellow together is a great combination

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is the kind of blue skies and sunshine that we miss most of the winter too. It is beautiful!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love this, blue and yellow quilts always hit the mark. Your description of the khaki season is one I can relate to. ;) Great title/name for this beauty, an apt representation.

Paulette said...

Definitely a welcome bit of bright sunshine on a gray winter day! Love the blue/yellow combination.

Barb said...

wow...looks so bright and fun

Lynette said...

Boy, that sure is cheery and fabulous!

Ann said...

What a beautiful combination. Congratulations.

scraphappy said...

Love the blue and yellow together. What a bright and happy combination of colors.

gayle said...

We'll take all the cheeriness we can get at this time of year! Thank you for the day brightener!