This week I made two brown birds . . .
I've had that tape measure fabric for eons -
so happy that I used some of it.
This turquoise billed flower child's wing
came from a scrappy stash share with Chris
during Lynne's 2013 visit.
Next, I moved onto orange . . .
Who says polka dots and zig zags don't go together?!?
This spotty-beaked beauty's wing
came from scraps leftover after making
* * *
The good news is that my reason for
putting this project on hold last spring
has worked out very well.
It is easier and more fun to make these liberated birds
one after the other instead of a month apart.
MUCH more fun . . .
You can find Lynne's tutorial HERE.
* * *
Linking up with The Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
CLICK HERE to see how the others are doing with their scrappy projects.
Lots of catching up and pulling projects together this time of year.
Quiltdivajulie






19 comments:
This flock is growing nicely....better get a bag of sunflower seeds for them ! : )
Yes, so much easier to do some of the blocks all at once. No forgetting how to do them each month!
that's true. Some blocks are okay to make month to month, even preferable. But these would like to be made one after the other. They are awesome. The mix of color and print is dynamic. I am headed over to look at that tutorial again. Because of your fabric choices! LeeAnna
I agree...some blocks do not lend themselves to such a long wait between makings.
Your birds are quIte jazzy. Thanks for sharing!
Awesome birds! Love the way you used the ruler fabric!
They will be an amazing flock when they all get together Julie. Use of all of those fabrics is brilliant.
Your charming birds are looking like distracting squirrels to me.
;-)
Love these birds!! I hear them calling to me...
Lovely additions to The Flock!!
I adore your birds and love your new additions! Thank you for the link :-)
Your birds are so elegant. They look quite proud of their fine feathers. Keep up the good work!
Your flock looks wonderful! I totally "get" your thought abut working on them all at one time. I would imagine it takes a little bit of fabric playtime to get in the groove of making them, so making just one at a time would be very frustrating. I'd like to try my hand at them, so I saved the link - thanks!
I am absolutely crazy about these birds!! I want to make a flock or two, too. 8)
More beautiful birdies - I'm definitely going to be making some of these!
I LOVE all your colorful, beautiful birds!
Beautiful birds! Thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial.
You've used your fabrics so well. Very interesting combinations. Love the ruler and zigzag fabrics.
Your flock of birds is fabulous! Makes me want a flock of my own.
Post a Comment