Monday, November 30, 2015

Azaleas in Bloom - The Quilt



Azaleas in Bloom
is finished.

I love it!

Created using silks and sari fabric 
brought from India by my daughter in law
and the Winter design from Cultural Fusion Quilts
by Sujata Shah.

You can read more about how this one 
came to be by clicking HERE.





Approximately 42" wide x 50" long,
Azaleas was quilted by Debra Voigt.

You can read her post about it here.




This is where the finished quilt will reside.




In the dining room next to my grandfather's buffet,
which is covered with another length of Indian silk.

I love the way the silks reflect the lamp light
and I'm looking forward to our next family dinner
when DIL can see the finished quilt in person.

* * *

ADDED LATER:

You can see full / flat photos of the quilt HERE.


Quiltdivajulie

8 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It finished up beautifully, such a gorgeous quilt; I'm happy to see that it is proudly displayed where it can be lovingly admired every day. Well done!

smazoochie said...

It looks really lush. I wish I could touch it.

Janie said...

I can see that this quilt is not just another quilt whipped out. I can see you in it and it's beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Sujata Shah said...

Julie, I love the finished results, quilting is beautiful and a perfect name of the quit. It does remind me of Azaleas from the garden. I have never worked with silks..I always think it would be too involved. You have two! Bravo!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love these colours! It's got a real rich look about it with the silks & sari.

Mystic Quilter said...

You have the perfect spot for Azaleas In Bloom, love the lamplight just above. The quilting couldn't be a better "fit" such a lovely effect.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, pretty please show the whole quilt all flat. It looks so wonderful, I want to take it all in.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

How pretty! I love those colors together!