As I stitched together the pieces and parts,
quilt tops and backs for Fruit Loops and HHJJ,
I used the HSTs cut for Vivacious as leaders-enders.
I knew I cut up a lot of leftover pieces from the stash,
but I had NO idea how many HSTs there really were.
After sorting enough to make the final 9 blocks for Vivacious,
I sorted the rest into the piles shown above.
(Can you tell I use a lot of purples in my quilts?)
Then I counted each stack.
What is your guess?
There were 499 HSTs in all -
enough to make two scrappy comfort quilt tops
after I added just a few additional HSTs.
14 HSTs wide x 18 rows
will yield a top 42" x 54"
After dividing each color group stack in half,
I created pairs ready to be used as leaders-enders
as I stitch Just Wing It and The Stroop Effect.
These leftover pieces from previous quilt backs
will be assembled into a scrappy back for one of the comfort quilt.
And this group of leftovers will become a second scrappy back.
A little along . . .
I also decided on a new project for The Rainbow Scrap Challenge
that will begin in September and carry over into 2016.
For the 3.5" background/sashing strips,
I'll be sorting and piecing this assortment of scrappy neutrals.
Scrappy made fabric is so much more interesting!
Quiltdivajulie





5 comments:
I always LOVE your neutrals!!! Just gorgeous.
You have more fun with neutrals... 8)
Great idea to use fun scraps as leaders/enders and then piece a back. Thanks for reminding me to work on the backs of my own quilts again. I have several stacked for basting.
Love how organised you are. I can't even find half of my stuff in my sewing room. I really need to sort it out
Wow - that is a lot of HSTs! I guess you can get a lot of those done when you are doing them as L&E. They look lovely, and purple is a great color to use repeatedly. The backing fabric looks so good together. I am sure they will make great quilts.
Post a Comment