Saturday, August 1, 2015

Scrappy Saturday - HHJJ, The Flimsy



Introducing . . . 

Happy Happy Joy Joy

("HHJJ" for short)

50" x 70"




This final 2014 RSC project went together so easily . . .

All the top needed was a simple 3" border
of the same black-on-black used in the 30 blocks.

(There's a permanent link in my sidebar
for Teresa's X Marks the Block tutorial)




I still need to finish piecing the back,
but one day soon HHJJ will travel to Lynn Harris
for long arm quilting.

 * * *

Linking up with The Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

CLICK HERE to see how the others are beginning their August.




Quiltdivajulie

23 comments:

Millie said...

Love the quilt, and WHAT would you do without those big clothespins? :-)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

this one is like crisscrossing jewels. Another winner!!

Angie said...

I can see why you call this "Happy Happy Joy Joy" - it definitely makes me smile!

Frog Quilter said...

Beautiful. Love the explosion of color!

gayle said...

Gorgeous! I love seeing what you do with rainbows. 8)

Kate said...

Beautifully done! Congrats on getting it to the finished flimsy stage.

Nell's Quilts said...

It has almost a stain glass appearance in that long shot. What a beautiful quilt - it does make yu smile when you see all that joyful colour. Great name!

Anne said...

Oh, I really like this!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I. LOVE. This. Quilt!!!

Karen said...

Stunning quilt.

barbara woods said...

love that quilt top, it would be a great scrap quilt

Mari said...

Happy, happy, joy, joy indeed! I love how bold and graphic this is. It's just stunning. (And what a lovely tall fence you have!) Beautiful work, as always.

Quilter Kathy said...

This quilt is gorgeous!
I keep thinking it must be a mini quilt because the clothespins are so big!
It's an optical illusion :)

PaulaB quilts said...

This quilt is so beautiful! It is stained glass at its best. I wish I could collect enough black/white/grey fabrics, which are the perfect complement to the brights. The black border is perfect. I will put this in my Someday file.

Ann said...

A charming quilt with well chosen fabrics. Congratulations.

Mystic Quilter said...

Hasn't this just turned out beautifully!!

scraphappy said...

Everything about this quilt is happy. So much fun! Congratulations on the finish.

Gina said...

Stunning

Teresa said...

Got to love those pretty colors set off with the black. Those center squares seem to glisten. Great work!

Vicki W said...

Really stunning!

Sheila said...

I LOVE this awesome quilt top! Stunning.

Teresa in Music City said...

OMG Julie - that is just simply GORGEOUS!!!! I've always loved this quilt, from your first block you showed - and now I'm just so in love with the finished quilt! This just moved up my list of "Gotta Do SOON" projects :*)

Shelina said...

Oh wow! This is so beautiful. Looks like stained glass.