No Ugly Flowers is finished!
51" x 66"
Quilted by Chris Ballard
Look at the texture Chris's quilting created -
and these photos were taken before the quilt was laundered.
It's even softer and more wonderful after . . .
I am still in love with the background fabric . . .
No Ugly Flowers was started as a year-long project
for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2015,
but the quilt had other plans.
It wanted to be finished NOW . . .
Created using the Peppermint Pinwheels design
So where did I come up with the quilt's name No Ugly Flowers anyway?
I've used that phrase for years
but had totally forgotten about this 2010 post.
I really hope you'll take the time to read it . . .
I am SO happy with the scrappy quilt back . . .
The rain clouds were getting darker and more threatening,
so No Ugly Flowers and I hurried back indoors.
An on-location photo shoot will have to happen another time.
Quiltdivajulie









17 comments:
The quilting really stands out and the quilt looks a dream! I think pieced backings are wonderful and love the fabrics in this one.
What effective quilting. The curlicues team up \well with those convex parallel curves. They set your piecing off very well. Congratulations on a beautiful finish.
Chris did some terrific quilting on your beautiful quilt. I'm so glad you didn't put centers on the flowers. It is more dramatic this way.
Every time you make a quilt, I think "oh, I like this one best..."
I'm going to have to investigate this book. So many interesting ideas seem to be springing from it. 8)
It's a beautiful quilt! The quilting adds just the right texture.
Such a great finish! Lots of bright happiness here, and the quilting is perfect!
Love the huge clothespins! And the quilt ain't too shabby, either.
Love it. Love it.
What a wonderful finish! I knew this was Sujata's pattern! I have it on my list of to do's. Maybe next year's RSCh
Absolutely fabulous. I like how you left out the centres of the flowers, they seem to stand out more. Love how it has been quilted- great inspiration. Great name and the sentiments behind it-thought provoking read..
And now, another winner! Really wonderful...keep up the good work....
I'm still in love with that background fabric, too.....as well as all your flowers. I'm so happy you opted for no centers as I really like this look. And great quilting by Chris....as always.
I can hardly wait to see this beauty in person this weekend! Keeping my fingers crossed! Gorgeous quilting by Chris!
Congrats! on your newly finished quilt. SEW cheerful!!!
The quilts that demand to be finished are always the best ones! Love the way the quilting adds great texture without taking away from the design. Awesome background fabric too!
I love Sujata's book, and I love this version of her design! I might have to try this one... it's just delicious!
I think this collage of red backing is the most lovely back I’ve ever seen! Just beautiful!
Laura H.
Post a Comment