With the end of those leader-ender piles
of HST pairs for Vivacious in sight,
I culled more scrappiness from the stash
to become die cut into tumblers.
Why?
I've set myself a goal to make five comfort quilts
(I want to finish these by 12-1-2016)
The first comfort quilt will involve tumblers.
(check out Mrs. G's post HERE)
Depending on how many tumblers come out of these scraps,
I may or may not add a set of alternate "lights" to the mix.
While I was sorting through the resource boxes,
I also took time to sort out the mass of leftover batting.
(these pieces have been saved from a year or so of
taming / cleaning up freshly long arm'ed quilts)
The big pile on the left holds batting sections large enough
to be pieced together for the five comfort quilts.
The small stack on the right?
Those are the ones I'll use under my Swiffer floor mop.
One piece of leftover batting is usually enough to
quickly gather up the worst of the never-ending lint,
dust bunnies, and stray threads that accumulate on the studio floor.
Cherie's Churn Dashes has been pin basted!
I auditioned several threads with these two being the finalists.
In real life, they are almost identical in color.
In these images, one is clearly lighter than the other.
(Yet another reason why I take so many photos)
Over on the design wall . . .
Remember the large bonus HSTs from Fruit Loops?
They have become a wonderful full-length insert
for the back of Happy Happy Joy Joy.
Two long seams . . .
A good all-over pressing . . .
And the sixth of my six 2014 RSC tops/backs will be done!
![]() |
| See Rock City - 2013 Designed/created by Julie Sefton / Custom quilted by Chris Ballard |
And look at this photo!
Lynne and her mom Jeanne and Millie
saw my quilt at AQS Syracuse!
Quiltdivajulie







7 comments:
And all three of us loved it best! Thanks for the tip about Quilts Without Borders!
I was at AQS Syracuse - how did I not see your quilt!?! (I though the layout was confusing, FWIW)
I love that Fruit Loops left a legacy for Happy Happy Joy Joy. 8)
Leftover batting for the swifer is a great idea. And the bonus hst look great
What a good idea for using up your smaller batting pieces! Like the backing with the half square triangle strip - great use for left-overs.
I use my small batting pieces for dusting too - they are absolutely the best! We made tumbler quilts for our Down Syndrome babies quilts in our guild this year - they turned out so cute. And how exciting to see Lynne & Millie!!!
My gosh Missus, you do know how to use up some fabric in a hurry! Do you sleep much?
I wish I accomplished half that in a week! Everything looks great... I love scrappy quilts best, so much character and colourful fun!
Those extra triangles look super on that backing! What a great idea to use batting on Swiffers! I just threw away a bunch of small batting pieces because they were taking up too much space.
Post a Comment