Saturday, January 3, 2015

Scrappy Saturday - Let The New Year Begin!




This glorious set of crayons was one of my Christmas presents.

Who doesn't love a new box of crayons?!?!?!

SO many possibilities  . . .


* * *




During 2015, I'll be working on four different RSC projects.


The first one involves free pieced words and will be called

The Stroop Effect

(CLICK HERE if you aren't familiar with the concept)

This project also gives me a reason to USE one of my new books!


* * *




The second project involves making 
6-12 scrappy notecards each month.

(I stock up on the blank card stock/envelopes when they go on sale)

I save my smaller crumbs especially for these notecards.


* * *




My third project involves more of these free pieced birds.

I made these two
(my very first birds ever)
while I was visiting Lynne last year.

I'm thinking about calling this one

Just Wing It

(the name was inspired by a funny story from
one of Lynne's free pieced classes at Quilted Threads)


* * *




My fourth project involves one of the projects in Sujata's new book.

I'm going to use this awesome newsprint fabric 
as my consistent background and quilt back.

I've started calling this one

No Ugly Flowers


* * *

AND I need to assemble and finish my six RSC 2014 projects!


* * *


Linking up with The Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

CLICK HERE to see what the others are working on this week.

Quiltdivajulie

20 comments:

Kathleen said...

So glad to see you got the Ultimate Crayons - nothing less will do ! I think back to my youth, when one's economic status was measured by which crayons one had - I was always jealous cause I never had the ones with the flip top and the sharpener - remember? You know, I should just go buy myself some darned top-of-the-line crayons !! Happy New Year.

Elaine said...

Looks like we will have a great lineup of beautiful projects to view throughout the year. Blessings to you this year as you work your way through them!

Kate said...

A new box of crayons is always fun. Hope you have plans to use yours.

Looking forward to seeing all your 2015 RSC projects.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

They look like SO much fun!!! I will enjoy watching these come to fruition!

Jeanne said...

Oh, I'm loving those bird blocks! Still waiting for my copy of Cultural Fusion ...

Nell's Quilts said...

New crayons to help plan all those scrappy good projects. The little birds are so cute. The postcards are definitely a great way to clear the small bits and have fun too.

Katie Z. said...

I'm looking forward to all of your projects as they develop over the year.

Beth in MN said...

My "Undercolor" group has decided to work through the book, "Color Play, 2nd Edition." It will be fun to follow what you also do this year.
Hugs

Sujata Shah said...

Happy sewing through the year! Looking forward to seeing those projects as you go along. I am afraid of making any promises to myself. Those blue look amazing! I think I am finally starting to appreciate blues!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I'm looking forward to seeing all of your projects!

Cathy said...

What a fun gift!
Note cards are such a good idea. I used to make fabric postcards and send them to the grandkids each month from "Secret Admirer". I need to start that again.

Looks like you have more fun things planned for 2015

Mystic Quilter said...

Amazing range of blues and look forward to seeing you working on these during the year. Hope you're getting back to normal now.

Deb A said...

What a great lineup of projects you have to work on this year. Looking forward to watching them grow each month.

Ellen said...

Wow...lots of great projects in the works for 2015!

Kathy S. said...

Awesome projects for 2015. Can't wait to see them. Notecards -- that sounds fun!

Susan said...

Agreed...there's nothing better than a new box of crayons! I want to see more about how you make your note cards...a tutorial maybe?

scraphappy said...

What a great present. I have never seen a box of crayons quite so giant! Love the idea of the stroop effect quilt. Sounds like lots of fun ideas for the new year.

Jennie in GA said...

I want those crayons! Can't wait to see your well laid plans take shape.

Sheila said...

Beautiful blues in those postcards. I had not thought of that.

Magpie Sue said...

I'm just looking forward to the time when I can cut & sew again...