Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Granny Smith - The Quilt



Granny Smith is finished!

Measures 53" x 73"




If you are wondering about the quilt's name . . . 

* * *

Quilted by Chris Ballard.

(Swirly Gig panto and Oyster Shell thread)

You can read about my process HERE and HERE . . . 


* * *




I used more of the wonderful brown Cosmos fabric for binding.
(see also the narrow sashing strips)

* * *

Granny Smith,  Tickled Pink and Summer Sorbet,
have been shipped off to Michigan
where all 3 will be gifted to extended family members later on this year.

* * *

When I updated my spreadsheet,
Granny Smith became quilt finish number 245 !!

(does NOT include 24+double-sided placemats,  12+ quilted pillows, 
or the 85+ Priority Quilts I made for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative)

Wow!

Quiltdivajulie

14 comments:

Cathy said...

Perfect name! Lucky recipient. Great use of green scraps...at least I think I remember you working on this for RSC in a green month.

Judy in Michigan said...

WOW is right!! What a great color combo.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Wow! I don't remember this one at all. It's stunning. Lucky recipient!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Gorgeous quilt, quilting and photography! I can just feel the crunch of that first bite and am savoring the taste... this quilt is all that and more!

barbara woods said...

love it, beautiful

Vicki W said...

What a fun quilt!

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely quilt, lovely name! Inspired thinking at work.

Angie said...

What fun! Great idea and I love the Cosmos fabric, too!

Paula, the quilter said...

This is great! The quilt I am working on is at the quilting point so I am studying it (and others like this one) for inspiration.

Lynette said...

Lucky family members! :) This is marvelous! I just love the apple connection. I've never seen log cabin blocks assembled this way - really love the effect. Great panto for it, too.

Anonymous said...

Love it! It is so special, I love the way you laid it out!

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Beautiful quilt!

julieQ said...

How I love your beautiful green log cabin quilt...just gorgeous!!

julieQ said...

Send me your snail mail address please...you won a prize from my blog!!