Monday, October 13, 2014

Choose Your Own BlockAlong - Post 2




The cutting directions called for 49 scrappy cornerstones.

To give myself more scrappy options,
I went ahead and decided to prep all 49.

I chain-pieced scrappy sashing strip borders onto all four sides.

(click HERE for last week's post in case you need a refresher)




After pressing, the squares were trimmed to 5"





Here is one of the 5" squares on the design wall.






Here are all but the bottom row laid out on the design wall.
(I should have started out a little bit higher with that top row!)




This detail collage shows four of the cornerstones close up.


* * *

Next week I'm planning to share my scrappy sashing segments.


* * *

There's a permanent link in my sidebar for this block-along.


Linking up with the others at Live a Colorful Life
to see what they've been up to this week.



Quiltdivajulie

8 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Love your fabrics Julie.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Nice... very, nice; colors and placement are very pleasing! I adore that new header of yours too; well done!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Nice blocks. I just LOVE the musical fabric.

Cathy said...

I'm taking notes...I've loved this quilt since you showed the first snippets. I have a big giant bag of men's shirts I think would be great for this quilt. Your fabrics are rather yummy too.

Andee said...

It is coming along!

Lisa J. said...

Thee are very interesting fabrics and look great in thiese blocks.

Quilting Stories said...

Very nice blocks with interesting fabrics!

Susan said...

Now that I've seen all the blocks you've made, I can say I like the colors you've used. A great quilt!