In honor of this month's color
RED
I'm sharing a framed print hangs in my studio.
(I found the print in 2006 but
I just painted the frame red a few weeks ago -
wish I had done THAT a lot sooner!)
You might need to supersize the photo to read the quote . . .
The yellow wedges for Umbrellas Unfurled are stitched and cut.
(a month late - but they're DONE)
Several readers have mentioned looking forward to the layout for these wedges.
I plan to wait until the 12th set is finished before I start playing . . .
There are several different layout ideas set aside
but the final choice will depend on the mix of colors.
Here are the pieces and parts for the Fruit Loops project.
(another one where I'm waiting until I have all 12 colors)
These are June's and July's scrappy segments for the Eclectic Goose project.
(This one will be based on the River Trees pattern
from a back issue of The Quilt Life magazine -
although I'm sure I'll switch it up somehow!)
And these are June's and July's quite-traditional
scrappy snowball and nine patch blocks.
(The final name for this project will somehow reference New Orleans snowballs -
thanks to Angie for the suggestion!)
* * *
Whew!
Another week, and I should be caught up -
at least until August's color is announced . . .
* * *
Linking up with the others over at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
to see lots of red scrappy fun!
Quiltdivajulie



13 comments:
What a great collection of blocks from strings. You have been industrious.
Lot of great blocks on the go. I love the Wedges for the Pie type blocks. They look so good with yellow and Red. It will be fun to see what you do with all 2 colours.
Love all the blocks you've done so far. The red and yellow wedges look great together xxx
So many great blocks to add to your collection. You will have so much time when the end of the year rolls around.
You dont' often see yellow and red together but I like it. The wedges are awesome.
Oh my! I will have to buy a round of virtual snowballs for everyone when the quilt is finished! Really like the use of red and yellow together!
Love all the blocks you have shown in this post but of course my favourites are the wedges and I too am so looking forward to seeing the full quilt Umbrellas Unfurled!
Very pretty blocks. I really like the snowball blocks with the gray fabric. I am really starting to like to use grey in quilts.
So many neat quilts you are going to be making come December. Love the red and yellow together.
Oh my goodness, so much happening here, great work, love the quote and the red frame is perfect.
You have been busy. Red and gray looks really dramatic - love it!
Love the flying geese. Reminded me of the gaggle we waited for while they ambled cross the highway to the pond.
I love your red and yellow scrappy blocks!
Post a Comment