Saturday, May 24, 2014

Scrappy Saturday - Green (week 4)



After being really sick for over a week now,
I finally made it back into the studio this afternoon.


I managed to cut the wedges for Umbrellas Unfurled . . .




and piece three more of these 9.5" blocks.

(X Marks the Block - tutorial here)


* * *


Then I did some playing.





Horizontal rows . . .





Vertical rows . . .




3/4 squares (more or less) . . .




another 3/4 square variation  . . . 




and this not-organized-by-color variation.



* * *

It's a very good thing there's a fifth Saturday in this month!


* * *

Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

Click here to see what the others have been up to this week.



Quiltdivajulie

11 comments:

scraphappy said...

Oh, I like the way the X quilt is coming together. So many possibilities! Hope you are feeling better.

Kat Scribner said...

I like the 3/4 squares layout alot.

Sheila said...

Beautiful blocks and triangles. Love your green prints.

Vicki W said...

I love those blocks!

Jo said...

I was never a green person but I am beginning to like it.
Love your colours and the x blocks are going to be fantastic when finished

Nell's Quilts said...

Love those little x blocks. So many possibilities!!! Glad you're feeling better. Lovely greens.

Sally Trude said...

The X Marks the Block is coming together so well its hard to imagine it can get better. Spectacular!

Julie in GA said...

Your blocks are all so beautiful!
I love the different layouts for the X blocks.

Mystic Quilter said...

I agree with comments above, the X is just beautiful.
Hope you're feeling better again today.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I love those green strings! I hope you're feeling much better now.

Sewgreen said...

I am not sure I would like having to choose a layout for those blocks!! They're all lovely!! Great jobs on the blocks!