Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Celebrations III - the beginnings




Earlier this year, I put together two of the three flimsies 
using my overabundance of Laurel Burch holiday fabrics.




* * *


It's past time for the third project to get put together.

I had yardage, scraps, and a panel to work with . . . 






Layout dilemma solved!

I used this pattern in 2009 to make Jazzberry Jam.
(later donated to Bumble Beans Basics)

Instead of the pattern's 23 string pieced roses . . . 

I'll standardize the panel's 23 randomly-sized segments
using strings / scraps from the other projects!





Here are the first four . . . 


* * *

I'll know more when I get C-III's
pieces and parts up on the design wall.

I hope my plan works!


Quiltdivajulie

5 comments:

Sheila said...

I love LB collections. Your holiday quilts are beautiful. Wonderful posts. I'm looking forward to seeing this holiday quilt come together, too.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love Laurel Burch fabrics, I have quite a few of hers in my baskets!
These holiday panels are so bright and happy, look forward to seeing your finished quilt.

Paulette said...

This is gonna be awesome!

Elaine said...

Yup, another sure winner! I have a pile of Laurel Burch and someday I'll be brave enough to cut something out of it-ouch:)

Magpie Sue said...

Well, if your original plan for C-III doesn't work I'm confident you'll come up with a variant that will!