Tuesday, April 8, 2014

What Matters Most - WIP



This project started just over a year ago.

* * *

I purchased a vintage quilt from eBay ~
then changed my mind about the whole thing and

A while after that, she posted about how her project had evolved.

In the meantime,
LeeAnn made six wonderfully scrappy 8.5" blocks for me.

She also pieced the word FRIENDS.

* * *

Mixed in with the last batch of orphans Lynne sent
were the perfect combination of letters to spell FAMILY,
several asterisks, a couple of white-on-white butterflies,
a bird, and a few others bits and pieces.

ALL of this has been stashed in a project box.

* * *

I've designed at least 3 or 4 layouts, but nothing ever clicked.

Out of the box.  Back into the box.

Over and over.

Until . . . .

last week, it all came together!




I spent a full day in the studio and look what happened!

Then I got the phone call that led to my new job.
(which is a very good thing - I'm working at Delta Patchwork!)




This week, I've started adding background fabric.

There have been several major changes in the layout.

Which ones can you find?


* * *

The first three rows are ready to be sewn together.

Only four more rows to piece
before the flimsy can be assembled!

* * *

CLICK HERE to see more photos in my WIP album.


Quiltdivajulie

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Leaving old job?

Nifty Quilts said...

Congratulations on the new job! And on the wonderful new quilt top! I love your creative layout. I'm honored to have been a part of this project. You are good at asking for what you want. You make it easy and fun to contribute.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Absolutely wonderful! I think the heart substitution has brought the whole thing together PERFECTLY. Congrats on the new job too :)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That sounds like a pretty stress free job compared to the past job. Have fun!!

Elaine said...

Congratulations on both achievements, flimsy and new job! What will you be doing at the new job?

shellysquilts said...

Love this! What a happy quilt!

Magpie Sue said...

I spotted some alterations right away. ;- ) This will be a great quilt when finished, no doubt about it.

Will you be in a back office or on the cutting floor of Delta Patchwork? You realize, of course, that this could be a dangerous job. Trust me, been there, done that!

Carol E. said...

I love this quilt.. inspiration for me in various ways, and, oh it's just plain beautiful on its own. You moved the dashes from under friends and put them under family and then the checkerboard went above friends. Hope you love the new job!