We spent Friday at the show in Paducah.
It was so good to spend time with See Rock City!
This quilt features handwork that left me dizzy.
Absolutely beyond amazing . . .
This quilt tickled my funny bone(s)
particularly because our neighbors have
this kind of grand-dog.
Lots of intense quilting and thread work
with funny dog-isms worked into the design.
Like this one.
I met Cherie last year when I was in St. Louis.
Her Vicksburg quilt was displayed the adjacent grouping,
right next door to See Rock City!
We had hoped to meet up at the show,
and we did.
I also spent some time admiring Margaret's prize winning quilt.
Even this photo (taken up close) fails to do justice!
I also did a little shopping ~
a book from Ricky Tims,
pins and charms from Pin Peddlers,
a set of Marilee's numbered quilt ID pins,
a few extra copies of the engagement calendar,
a Tea Book kit,
and something special I'll share on Friday.
So many quilts ~
so many colors/techniques/stitches ~
so many hours of effort ~
so much to absorb!
* * *
If you'd like to see DH's take
on spending a day at the quilt show
(as an engineer and wood artist)
Quiltdivajulie




1 comment:
I've often marveled - and wondered - at the cultural mind set of the Japanese needlewomen. Do NONE of them use a sewing machine to make quilts quickly?! They all seem to do intricate handwork! No "need for speed" on that island apparently (or maybe just no room for sewing machines and stashes like we are blessed to have?).
Post a Comment