Saturday, February 8, 2014

Scrappy Saturday - Pink - Week 1



The pink crumbs were put to good use
in these three "X Marks the Block"blocks.

I LOVE - LOVE - LOVE THIS!!




Assorted strings and strips became strata,
part of which was used for the 8 scrappy wedges.

I also pulled out the last bits of January's blue strata
and cobbled together four 8.5"-ish squares
to go with the four pink crumb-pieced ones.

There's lots much more waiting in the wings . . .


* * *


Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

Click here to see what others have been up to this week!
(link pending)




Quiltdivajulie

16 comments:

Katie Z. said...

Your fabrics go together so well. The blues almost glow next to the pinks!

soscrappy said...

So pretty. The x blocks are just beautiful. Looks like you used up a lot of scraps this week.

Julierose said...

Am loving yr pink wedges and strippy scrapping! Hugs, Julierose

Kate said...

The "X marks the blocks" are beautiful. What a great way to use up scraps.

Debra Dixon said...

Totally digging that X block!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You're making me rethink about tossing crumbs. Love the x blocks, that is going to be a spectacular quilt.

Deb A said...

I love how you used your crumbs in those X blocks. Great use of your scraps.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great blocks. Love the x Marks blocks.

Mystic Quilter said...

Great X box, the colours glow and love what you have done with the octagonal wedges and pink and blue blocks - you have been busy!

Teresa in Music City said...

These are SO beautiful!!!! I've got to try to make some of them or I'll go crazy thinking about them :*)

sophie said...

Adding black and white to the rainbow scraps really makes them pop, doesn't it? It looks like you've been really productive this week ... can't wait to see what's next.

Marly said...

I love your bright pinks.

Karen said...

Love your X blocks. I can't wait to see it become a rainbow X.

Lisa said...

Oh I can't wait to see what you do with those wedges

Sheila said...

I love your blocks. You have a wonderful collection of black on white prints.

Barb said...

your blocks look wonderful...love the pink