Monday, September 2, 2013

Beach Grass - My Quiet Quilt



Introducing my "low volume" a/k/a "quiet" quilt

Beach Grass

55" x 64"




Early on, I assembled this collage
of Lake Michigan photos
from our August 2012 visit.





and gathered inspiration from any number of zig-zagging bloggers

Flimsy status was shared here.




Beach Grass was custom quilted by Chris Ballard.

Simply fabulous . . .




The textures are amazing . . .




These photos were taken before laundering.

I'm thrilled to report that being washed and dried 
made the textures and feel of Beach Grass even better!




This is the collage for my Quilt Album entry.

* * *

I do love this soft-spoken yet spirited quilt!


Quiltdivajulie

7 comments:

Susan said...

I do like the soft colors in this quilt...very pretty finish!

(How do you find the time to turn out all these quilts???)

Brenda said...

lovely. I really like any and all zig zag quilts. and I have the same question as Wanda -- how do you make so many?

Paulette said...

You really captured the beach grass theme in this quilt. Beautiful!

Millie said...

Love the look of this one! The title is perfect!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the feel of this quilt! It is amazing on all levels!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It's simply beautiful... I'm whispering WONDERFUL from here!

Magpie Sue said...

So many lovely, cozy quilts at your house now, between your own creations and the recent rejuvenations of the rescued quilts!