Friday, May 10, 2013

Party Hat Optional - Revised


With an empty design wall begging to be filled,
I pulled out Party Hat Optional's
sadly neglected segments . . .


I separated the 4-segment-block-groupings
to see what I had to work with
and to figure out how many more 'blocks' to make.




As I stood back to ponder . . . 

EUREKA !

Off to search the stash . . .

YES!

Results?

Five blocks wide (instead of six).

Make use of that no-longer-temporary
breathing space between rows.

Party Hat Optional
has been transformed!

Organizing P-H-O as a row quilt
allows the colors to leap and shout
without making my eyes and head hurt!




There's lots more stitching, pressing,
trimming, and rearranging to be done,
but a plan is now in place!!

WOOT!!


Quiltdivajulie

6 comments:

Millie said...

I like that a lot better!

Nifty Quilts said...

Oh yea. This looks great with those sashing strips.

Anonymous said...

It is a joy to look at!! No surprise that I missed the prior post, but I know how your processing works, as usual, GREAT results!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

This is why design walls are so important. to just make a quilt with a preconceived plan and no 'what if' time is like factory work. This one is going to be great!

Cher said...

totally wonderful! caught up on former posts...all fabulous quilts-you have a wonderful color eye

Magpie Sue said...

Gotta love those breakthrough moments! This is a *great* plan!