Friday, April 12, 2013

Letters From Home - Then and Now



Julie, Angel, and Chris  ~  February 2009


You need to click this link
to begin at the beginning of the story.


I'll wait for you to read and return . . .






Miss Angel (1995-2010) giving Letters From Home 
her quality assurance furrs of approval.



* * *






Then this happened in December 2010.






Lynne's Letters From Home was included in Tonya's book.

So were two of my quilts ~



* * *


Now fast forward to the present.







Letters from Home is hanging in my studio until October 
when Lynne and I will meet face to face for the very first time in St. Louis.


The countdown clock in my sidebar is ticking . . . 


Quiltdivajulie

8 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

Wow! How exciting! Quilting and the internet. Who woulda' thought it would bring so many happy souls together in such creative ways?

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Okay, WOW, that's all that I can say. I am amazed at all of this connectiveness... I've been over to Lynne's and almost fell off my chair when I saw her Black Box; holy cow!! I see that the thread here that binds is a firm one. Question: how did you come to hold her quilt for now? Inquiring minds need to know!

Millie said...

It looks great in your house! I am glad you are enjoying it. I am counting the days until we meet in St Louis!

Judy in Michigan said...

OMG - Meet Me in St. Louis!! How cool!!! Btw, my little block is in Tanya's book - I did "Laff" since all the 4 letter words I could think of were taken. I loved your flying monkeys - I remember reading about it as you were making it. I thought you and Lynne were friends from before - how wonderful!!!

janequiltsslowly said...

This is such a cool story! Thanks for sharing it. I love that quilt, its one of my favorites in Tonya's book, but I bought the book because I saw your Flying Monkeys quilt.

Kathy said...

very cool!

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a great story and what a great quilt!!

Magpie Sue said...

That corner of your studio looks so warm and welcoming, so happy. And the quilting on Break of Day is exquisite!