Some of you may remember my 2009
(mis)adventures with the satin from my wedding dress.
These three runners are the survivors.
Chris custom quilted these
using her own original designs.
This first one hangs across the very top of my design wall.
This is the second runner ~
quilted with Chris's free motion spirals.
Runner #2, now tied with a creamy satin ribbon,
lives with three of our legacy quilts.
Here's a detail photo
from runner #2.
Runner number 3 features
fabulous free motion feathers
by Chris.
This one hangs on the wall in my studio.
Detail photo of the feathers.
* * *
After pondering many other uses for the satin and lace
from the dress and veil, I ultimately decided
to let go and move on.
(it only took 35 years to reach that decision)
Photos and memories are indeed enough ~
plus these three gorgeous pieces.
Quiltdivajulie
3 comments:
What a treat to see these on your blog today! It is so neat to see them on the computer screen, gives another perspective. I am so glad you enjoy them!
These are lovely. I remembered and wondered what your final choice would be. So pretty!
What a good idea - I've stared at my wedding dress taking up space in the back of my closet (was my mother's, too, but I really, seriously DOUBT anyone else is ever going to use it). I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of it, though. Thank you! I think I may just divide it and use it in future family heirloom pieces so that each of my three girls can take one eventually. Runners or wall quilts, or maybe paired with something for a larger quilt. . . hmm. Have to percolate this one for a while. Thank you! Your runners are gorgeous and it must be fun to see them displayed!
Post a Comment