Here's a photo of the 16-patch project.
No stitching since before the cold took me down.
Can you find the liberated blocks?
The last night that I did stitch,
I was so pleased to finish the last 6 blocks
with the long-suffering HSTs . . .
only to discover I assembled the blocks
the opposite way from all the others!
They are not going to be un-stitched again.
A quick photo of gathered fabrics
for a design-yet-to-be-decided upon quilt.
And a few stitches at a time,
I'm slowly liberating the dresden quarters
from Wanda's long-ago quilt for her daughter.
Only two more quarter-blocks to unstitch
and then the layout process can begin.
I have several sketches to work from ~
and my guess is the final quilt
will not look like any of them!
* * *
You may not hear from me for a day or two . . .
the worst of the cold has passed
(thanks for the kind get-well wishes),
but my energy level is still very low.
See you soon!
Quiltdivajulie
5 comments:
I can't see the liberated blocks! They all look like they were constructed deliberately to fit where they are.
Interesting reconstruction challenge you have taken on!
I think this looks great! I love the little mini runs of half square triangles in it! Hope you're feeling 100% soon! :)
I saw the HST blocks right off and loved them!
Can't wait to see that Dresden plate quilt. One of my favs.
Wishing you all well ASAP.
Hugs, Deborah
I can see them. Definitely don't unstitch them.
Hope you are feeling better.
I find unstitching to be just as soothing and satisfying as stitching. There does come a time when you have to call it quits however! I remade a block twice yesterday and then decided it had to be what it is. My current project will have more than one block in it that isn't quite what it was supposed to be. ;- )[I have decided I'm more of a maverick quilter than a dedicated "liberated quilter."]
Post a Comment