Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sedici - the flimsy


At long last, this project is a flimsy!!

(48" x 60")




I've named it Sedici
(that's Italian for sixteen).

Even though at first glance, 
the first two photos look alike,
the flimsy was turned end-for-end.
(I love palindromic quilts)



Of course, now that the flimsy is done,
it was time to pull fabrics for the back . . .



One day soon, these 12.5" squares
will be stitched together
and Sedici will be ready for quilting.

WOO HOO!!

Quiltdivajulie

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Great name and a great quilt too!!

Susan said...

I love it...the half square triangles scattered here and there really make the quilt!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Truly, the prettiest one of these quilts that I've seen.

Twisted Quilts said...

Love this quilt and the half square triangles are such a surprise. How big is each square? Very inspiring.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Just happened upon your blog while surfing the net. Really like your Sedici quilt and the fabrics you'll use for the back.
best from Tunisia,
nadia

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the lightness of this combination of colors. It is certainly a happy quilt.

Clare said...

It reminds me of Spring. Lovely colours.

I've got a bit of that green. I've been slicing it up for bricks.

Bobbie said...

Please tell me -- what is a flimsy? Is it just the quilt top before it's quilted?

Thanks.

Magpie Sue said...

Wow, good job! That feels good, doesn't it? ;- )

Mary said...

I love this quilt. It is beautiful!