Over the weekend, I pulled out the layer cake
and took it apart so I could see what was inside.
I also pulled some companionable yardage from my stash.
After walking around the group multiple times
(seeing the colors from different perspectives),
thumbing through several of the books on my shelf,
and considering enough options to give myself a huge headache,
I stacked it all back together and set it aside.
There was no "eureka" moment.
If there is one thing I've learned about my process,
it's that I need to sit back and wait for that spark.
This one needs to gestate a bit longer.
Quiltdivajulie
5 comments:
I hear you about waiting for the eureka moment. Here's what I see - a lot of fabrics that are very close in value, and a lot of rather pale hues. If it were me, I'd find some of the same colors but darker - like a darker coffee brown, a real aqua, a darker green, and a zippy raspberry pink. Granted you don't want to overpower the layer cake, but to me the layer cake looks a bit wimpy.
Actually, those aren't your colors at all... what was it about them that attracted you?
Another thing... you might be treating them with a bit too much respect.
hugs,
Lynne
She's right you know. Definitely not your colours.
They are soo right, nothing pops and I don't even quilt-just visit and smile.
BUT....you are SO right to decide it is not the time to start working on it!
I just think its smart to wait for the call. You always know.
Post a Comment