Sunday, July 24, 2011

Quilt Swap, Faith, and an Almost-Finish


Chris and I met Saturday morning for a quilt swap ~
despite the high humidity and the heat index,
we managed to stand in the parking lot and yak for almost 30 minutes
before we had to retreat to our air conditioned cars.

While I was out, I picked up these long-suffering vincas
from the big box store's nursery department
(don't you love end-of-the-season prices?!).
Our fried marigolds left the premises a week ago
but the barren pots just outside our kitchen window
bothered me more than the fried flowers!

Maybe this time, these plants will be able to survive the heat
(with watering morning and evening).

click twice to see more details

I spent the afternoon binding Waiting for the Mail ~
here you can see the finished back.
I hope to have pictures of the whole quilt by tomorrow
(the front needed a little extra attention 
what with the raw edge appliqued bits).

double click to see more details

Chris chose a soft lavender thread
and surprised me with a new panto ~ Hyacinth.
The results are wonderful.

Gathering all these text fabrics has been a labor of love
spanning nearly 5 years. 
The binding fabric (also with text)
was found at the last minute and,
despite considerable anxiety on my part,
ended up working perfectly.

* * * 

Here's to the rest of the weekend ~
stay hydrated and cool, ya'll!

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------
p.s.  You are not imagining things ~ I pulled down the video clip post from yesterday.  It slowed everything down and wasn't all that great anyway.

4 comments:

Lynette said...

This is a cool quilt with all the text. :)

Juliann said...

I cannot wait to see the front. That quilting is beautiful - well worth the 30 minutes of chatting in the heat I imagine.

Deborah said...

I love pieced backs and the quilting on this is beautiful.
Deborah

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I'm loving this quilt and the hyacinth!