My poor sad marigolds . . .
the high heat index has worn them out
despite daily watering.
Since Mother Nature is keeping it so hot outside,
I decided to take indoor finish photos of Bits & Pieces.
[Yes, the quilt has been through the washer and dryer already.]
These are what Tonya describes as
low contrast letters ...
I didn't want the words to be the first element noticed,
just a part of the quilt that draws the viewer closer.
Chris did her usual awesome quilting
using the Effervescence panto and turquoise thread,
despite the bulky seams that come with crumb piecing.
You can see her quilting photos here.
You can read more about the quilt's evolution
Quiltdivajulie
---------------------
July's Binding Tally: Four finished / four to go.
16 comments:
Gorgeous!!! Of course I am very partial to scrap quilts.
Very pretty! I wanted to tell you that I spent quite a bit of time at the Alzheimer's Art Quilt in Knoxville. It's beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time. Have a good weekend! :)
ohh. totally dig the low contrast lettering.
Awesome quilt! Nice job. I like the low contrast letters and the quilting.
Enjoy your weekend!
Deborah
My marigolds were fried before I got them in the ground. Too late now. Yes low contrast is good in certain quilts. Chris's quilting is superb.
PS. Can I kidnap Chris please!
Love the letters on the quilt. It is very pretty!
What a gorgeous crumb quilt. I especially like that they are contained in blocks. And this is a two-block quilt like Kaja's suggesting. How fun is that! Great minds think alike.
Loving the free-hand asterisks, the masterful combination of bright/bold there with subtle lettering. Congratulations.
Thanks for linking this beauty with AHIQ.
We have a saying (maybe in the US too?) 'an oldie but a goodie'. I like the balance between the two sets of blocks, and the way your low contrast letters tie in with the blue in the main body of the quilt. Thanks for sharing!
Great use of your scraps. It's so interesting to have some things in low volume occasionally. Like you said, it can pull people in to have a closer look. Really wonderful finish!
Congratulations on your finish, lots of interest and the blues make me think of a tropical beach.
What a fun quilt. I really like the low contrast lettering.
It looks like scrappy fireworks, really fun and the words add to it. A fine finish, congrats.
Nice colors; and I like the subtle approach to the words. claire aka knitnkwilt
Love this quilt Julie, so vibrant and lots to look at. I couldn't pick up the letters at first but then picked them in the border, love the low contrast style.
That fabric in the border is spectacular! I love the little dots of light. And it's a perfect frame for your blocks. Beautiful finish!
Post a Comment