| MIL's childhood doll |
Now there are TWO pillow shams on the guest bed . . .
Ochenta (translation = eighty) was finished just before MIL's 80th birthday,
but she never made it home from the hospital so
she never saw her quilt and I didn't have the heart to finish the shams.
Here's a better look at the quilt itself.
This panel was leftover after I finished eldest son's His Favorite Jeans quilt.
While the "finish it" mood was at work,
I went ahead and turned it into a small pillow.
Here's the back ~ featuring leftover binding and two lengths
of leftover backing from one of last year's charity quilts.
Not too bad!
Another UFO bit the dust when I backed and bound
this 5" x 7" leftover piece from my Transitions Priority Quilt.
Perfect size for a mug mat!
When I listed off the projects that I need to finish,
I completely forgot to add Bits & Pieces.
The strips to make liberated letters for the border are all cut . . .
One day soon!
Quiltdivajulie
8 comments:
You are on a roll! I love your MIL's quilt, and I really like how the shams match but don't match the quilt. What a great touch!
The bed loooks amazing with matching pillows...love all the pillows you have made.
Congratulations on your finishes. I need to take a page from your book. Oh, and I really like that mug. Any ideas where I could find a similar one?
Love the shams and the pillow! And that's the perfect mug for a mug rug.
This was (is?) supposed to be my year for UFOs but it's being interrupted by a move. Thank goodness I can live vicariously through others blogs!
The doll is so perfectly sitting on the quilt! beautiful setting with the pillows and shams. So many finishes.. I am truly inspired to get my machine cranking!
After reading your post, I want to make and about face and go finish something. I love the quilt and shams on the guest bed.
I'm sorry to hear about your mother in law. She would have loved that quilt.
Hugs from Karen
WOW! You go girl!!!!!! Everything looks so together and happy!
Post a Comment