Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hidden Potential


This is the first assembled (untrimmed)
word block for Lynne's quilt.

[Hidden Potential is the quilt's working name . . .]



These two letters were already attached to each other
so I added fabrics to frame the word.


These letters were also pieced together.
Now they are framed and ready to be used in the flimsy.

LOTS more designing and stitching to do . . .
(my goal is to work only with the orphans provided ~
no making new letters to fill in)

I can't show you the general layout just yet,
but here are some of the other words I've assembled:



(my initials)



(my current favorite)




and . . .




I'll share more in a few days!
(At this point, there are only 5-6 orphaned letters
that haven't yet found their words.) 

There's another squishie
with more of Lynne's orphans
 on its way from snowy NH to snowy TN.

More pieces for this puzzle!


Quiltdivajulie

9 comments:

Millie said...

OH! This is so much fun! I can't WAIT! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Tonya Ricucci said...

love it love it love it!!!! woohoo

Barb said...

Oh wow...just love what you are doing!

Amy said...

very nice words, I love the R in "are",where does one sign up to send in orphan letter?

Clare said...

Love love love it! Oh the fun you must be having.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

This is going to be amazing, I love this~

Oh, by the way, saw your "HOPE" quiltlet pictured in a magazine ad the other day for Tonya's WORD PLAY book! What a delightful moment of discovery~

Unknown said...

heh heh heh very fun!

Magpie Sue said...

Apparently Lynne just didn't realize when she was making those letters that they were intended for you! You've done a fabulous job making sense of them - of course ;- )

Millie said...

Lynne had NO IDEA she was making those letters just for Julie!