Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Congratulations, Tonya!!


Today is THE day . . . FINALLY!

Today is the long-awaited release date for Tonya's book!!!

WOO HOO!

Tonya and her work,
 especially her free-pieced, liberated letters,
so it seems that today is the perfect day
to share my most recent lettering efforts.

Thanks, Tonya ~ for everything!

Can you guess what these will spell?




I won't bore you with each and every letter in the words . . .
but you can see that they are definitely wonky and full of character.


Here is the assembled name panel that will become
the center of the back of my still-under-construction spiderweb quilt


The lower two rows of blocks of Impact Zone are stitched together
(I took it to work last week to see how
 it will look/fit where I'm planning to hang it).
Three more blocks and I'll be ready to start on the borders . . .

I have copies of Tonya's book on pre-order with both Amazon and Barnes & Noble ~
I sure hope one of those orders arrives SOON!!!!!

Here's to all the friendships and inspiration 
within the free-pieced liberated quilty-community!!!!!


Quiltdivajulie


7 comments:

Clare said...

I've got one copy on order with The Book Depositry in the UK. It's still showing up as awaiting publication. Grrrr.

I'll wait until after Christmas before ordering any more.

Love Impact Zone.

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheeee! love those letters!

Brenda said...

fun letters, and I love the background fabric. and the spiderweb is lovely, lovely, lovely. that batik background works perfectly.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Congratulations to Tonya, and to YOU!

Magpie Sue said...

Woohoo! Those letters look great!

Love the little red quilt for November's creativity challenge too.

Anonymous said...

this quilt is great!!

Kathy said...

Your spider web blocks are looking great!!