Saturday, December 18, 2010

Bits & Pieces


I went into the studio intending to finish piecing the back for Impact Zone.

Instead, playing with scraps was what my quilty-self needed.


By late afternoon, larger segments were beginning to appear . . . 

And, best of all, I came up with a plan to use this colorful nonsense!


Here is the first 12-1/2" square.

I'm hoping to create enough scrappy fabric to make a 20 block lap quilt 
(4  wide x 5 long).

Time will tell which of the sashing ideas work best  . . .
but for now, creating some semblance of order from the colorful chaos is enough.

Quiltdivajulie


14 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The blocks are going to be delightfully busy!!

Laura said...

Very cool! I love it!

beth said...

very nice! Love all that green!!

Barb said...

Love the colors....got some scrap therapy did you!!!

Sujata Shah said...

It is going to be a vibrant quilt! It is going to be interesting to see all scraps in one quilt. I am curious to see if the block would change the feel(colors and textures) as you keep piecing them.

Mary Keasler said...

Terrific piece. Makes me smile

Anonymous said...

This would make a great crazy quilt but what I really pictured was a vest made from the sewed together material. I saw one recently with just that look on front and it was beautiful...you have more patience than me...I just put my scraps in a box for the Princess to use.
Mama Bear

Vivian said...

This is going to be an interesting one....can't wait to see what develops....

Linda said...

How cool, creative and FUN!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh this is fun!

i've been playing in scraps today too.
sometimes it's nice to be goal less, thoughtless, and joy filled!

Wendy said...

Your first block is stunning! I love all those colors.

Em said...

"some semblence of order from the colorful chaos" Could be a name of a book or pattern or blog or...it is a fabulous line!!!! And the block is so dang fun. If i missed it, please forgive me, but looks like something that you would post on 15 minute play and could go with V's quilts with the red cross she is starting with her Bee. This became a long message....

Mary Lou Weidman said...

Hey, I see a bunch of fabrics I designed in there and they look cool! Thanks for using them because YOU inspire me!

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheeee!