Friday, October 1, 2010

Finally Friday!

The Saffron Tower (near the entrance)
stands 27 feet tall.  

Designed with neon tubing,
we could only imagine how it would look
when lighted during the evening events!


This is a photo of the Fiori
(only the lower portion was shown earlier).
The colors were even more dynamic
with the intense sunshine glistening on the glass.


This view offers some sense of scale ~
taken from the outer edge of the reflecting pool
looking back towards the first pond
with the walla wallas.

To browse the full photo album,
first get your cup of coffee/mug of tea

~ ~ ~ ~ ~


These are the contents of the box I shared yesterday ~
"The Best of Mary Lou" by Benartex
will be released in 2011 . . .

I've been busily designing and stitching
a sample quilt with these beauties
each evening this week after work.

The goal is to have photos of the finished flimsy
very soon since it has to fly back to Mary Lou asap
for quilting/binding so it can be displayed
at this fall's Houston show.

What fun to play with these colors!!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~


And look what I got for my birthday
when the kids came to celebrate Sunday evening!

This book has been on my wish list for months
and the timing of its gifting was absolutely perfect
(especially since they didn't know we were
going to Nashville to see his exhibits!)

I'll post again as soon as I have a flimsy to share . . .

Quiltdivajulie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That Saffron tower is exquisite! But really all the rest of the ones you have shown are equally beautiful! Looking forward to seeing what you will be making with Mary Lou's fabric! Happy Birthday!

Magpie Sue said...

Wheeee! what fun you're going to have with that box of goodies from Mary Lou! She obviously knows another color fanatic when she meets one ;- )

I've run out of superlatives for the Chihuly exhibit. What a wonderful experience.

Unknown said...

I saw the Chihuly exhibit at the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix, AZ last year. And, saw the saffron tower at night. It is absolutely spectacular! (I have a photo if you want it). Even more amazing - I think - is that Dale Chihuly's vision is impaired, since he only has one eye. What a wonderful glass artist!