Thursday, September 16, 2010

72...73...74... Plaid and More

Transitions - AAQI Priority Quilt No. 5748

Hold My Hand - AAQI Priority Quilt No. 5756

Rays of Sunshine - AAQI Priority Quilt No. 5757
Ami Simms, founder of the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative,
put out a call a week or so ago for "a few more quilts"
to ensure that AAQI will have 1,000 Priority Quilts
to display and sell in their booth at  Houston.

The three shown above are going in the mail today.


Here you can see that I've added side border strips
and a row of Hoochy flying geese to the top
of my Plaid Happens flimsy.

(Photo does not show how very many different
black on black fabrics have been used)

Pieces are cut to make another row of
scrappy plaid Hoochy geese for the lower edge;
and then it will be onward to plaid letters, Mary Lou style!

For those of us who are waiting (anxiously)
her "man in the bloo shorts"
took an unplanned extra day to pick up the box,
so it will be at least Friday
before the NH box arrives at my TN office.
(Sigh)

Will share photos as soon as it is unpacked!

Quiltdivajulie

8 comments:

Brenda said...

it is very fun. how does Mary Lou make her letters? i thought I saw some free pieced ones on her quilts.

*karendianne. said...

Oh Julie I wish I had some grand words that would fit all this wonderful work here but I'll copy you. This is very JULIE! :)

*karendianne. said...

Oh wait... Transitions is my very favorite. Exception of course Rays of Sunshine is.

Clare said...

These 3 AAQI quilts are wonderful. I really do love the hand one.

The plaid is great. I love it! Can't wait for the big reveal.

Tonya Ricucci said...

bright happiness

AmiSimms said...

Cool quilts! Can't wait to see them in person! Thank you, Julie, for all you do for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative! You ROCK!

Ami Simms
Founder & Executive Director, AAQI

Rosalyn Manesse said...

The alzheimer's art quilts are lovely, and I'm so thrilled (that's the right word) by your Plaid Happens quilt!

jude said...

i love how plaid happened!