Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I Love Happy Endings!


The Tale of Two Quilters continues . . .

Back in 2005,
when Chris and I took the
 Fickle Pickle class at our LQS,
she purchased the fabric on the left
to use for binding.

Late last week,
I shipped Spirit Song
(the flimsy)
and the back
(that marvelous turquoise kenta cloth design)
to Chris for quilting.

Just now,
she sent me this photo
and asked if I would
be interested in using
her fabric to bind Spirit Song . . .

Interested?!?!

I LOVE the look
AND
I LOVE the whole idea . . .

[I think I remember seeing that fabric
on the bolt at the quilt shop
but I had NO idea she'd chosen
it for her binding.]

Using her fabric to bind Spirit Song
ties this amazing quilt together
in a way no one could ever have predicted . . .

It is absolutely PERFECT!

Thanks, Chris!

Quiltdivajulie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you haven't even seen the quilting yet! I don't think you will be disappointed..... the post is great!

Twisted Quilts said...

It is perfect. Isn't it funny how it works out like that sometimes?

Laura said...

What a great fabric! I wish I had some in my stash.

Magpie Sue said...

Oh, that IS perfect!