Friday, August 7, 2009

Eventide

Eventide is finished ... while the photos may not show it, the high humidity made the quilt quite damp before I could get it back in the car.


Chris used minimal outline stitching on this one to let the geometric patterns sing.

This is the back ~ the upper hanging sleeve is to the right and the lower sleeve is to the left. (I saved all the bits and pieces from the strip sets and used them to create the scrappy insert for the back.)

This weekend, Eventide will be hung on the wall in my husband's office ~ fragments of beautiful blue sky brought indoors.

Quiltdivajulie
---------------------
"If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things in nature have a message you understand, Rejoice, for your soul is alive.” (Eleanora Duse)

11 comments:

Susan said...

It's simply beautiful, Julie! I have the ruler and all I need to make a kaleidoscope quilt...I just need to push to start on it. Seeing yours all finished may have been the push that I needed!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That turned out so pretty. I love the back. It is a shame it has to hang against the wall. It is like a blue sky and should make everyone happy that is around it.

Nancy said...

Blue is by far my favorite color, and this quilt makes it dazzle. Nice Job

Vicki W said...

It's lovely!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Very nice! My husband works for a large engineering/construction company. He has a painting (I did) of a moose on the wall. I am almost positive he would not trade that for a quilt! Good for you and your BH!

Doreen K. said...

Love your quilt. I want to try that one someday.

*karendianne. said...

Julie, this is so NEAT! I love it. I dig the back, too. I think the quilting y'all chose is perfect, too! I can't wait to hear what DH's office thinks of it. That's so fun!

Teresa said...

Very nice and calming.

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful! I just love all those blues!

Unknown said...

beautiful. pattern, movement on one side balanced with evenly-flowing calm on the other. yes.

Quilter Kathy said...

Beautiful! Perfect quilt for an office wall!