Thursday, July 9, 2009

Welcome to My Work Station

Approaching from the North Wing...

Looking left to my work area

I bought the pattern nearly 5 years ago at the Stitcher's Garden in Franklin, TN. [Kitty Klatch by Janet Jones Worley, it is still available online]

View as you come in through our private/locked "back door" from the lobby

After moving into my new work station in the expansion area, the wall beside me was entirely too bare, so I had the perfect reason to dig out this pattern and get busy. And now, complete with lots of quilting by Chris, Dave and Friends has taken its place of honor in the south wing (as we have named our part of the office).


It will be "interesting" to see what kind of comments are made(or not made) in the coming days!


Quiltdivajulie
----------------------
"Look, I really don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you're alive, you got to flap your arms and legs, you got to jump around a lot, you got to make a lot of noise, because life is the very opposite of death. And therefore, as I see it, if you're quiet, you're not living. You've got to be noisy, or at least your thoughts should be noisy and colorful and lively.”
(Mel Brooks)

11 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I think Dave (and Friends) has chosen the perfect place to hang out! Your space is wonderful, all of the lovely personal touches (cyrstal tacks, gorgeouswood-turned items)make it the most attractive spot in the south wing, no contest!

Donna said...

Dave and friends looks right at home -- and when Dave or someone is really annoying you can just toss a dart at the quilt from your work station :-) hehe

Vicki W said...

You have fixed up your dull new space quite well!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

What a beautiful workspace. You can at least have the calming effect of color around you on a not so calm day at the office.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Love those cats! And your workspace sets off your quilts and the wonderful colors. Want to redecorate mine?

Magpie Sue said...

Perfection! Or maybe I should say "Purrrrfection!" I bet the others in your wing are jealous that their workstations are not as wonderful as yours ;- )

Clare said...

Purrfect.

*karendianne. said...

Rockin' quiltin' on Dave and Friends. I love this whole creative work space you manifested from within. You hold such beauty and it's so obvious you enjoy expressing it.

Gosh I love your joy!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I love the binding on DAve and Friends! Your quilts most certainly jazz up your work area!! I am so glad they let you hang them!!!

Unknown said...

can't imagine anybody who'd hate to go to work in this little spot of heaven you've created. what a worknest!

Cher said...

terrific kitty quilt and something to enjoy when you need a smile. I am so happy you can have quilts up around you at your work!