Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Strippy Quilt Number Two

Hey, Diddle Diddle ... the cat and the fiddle ... the cow jumped over the moon ...

The little dog laughed ... to see such sport ... and the dish ran away with the spoon!

I couldn't resist this fabric on the sale table ~ the top made up beautifully with the other colors from my stash.

If K & B have a boy, this quilt will be for him.  If they have a girl, the first strippy quilt (shown here) will be for her.  Whichever one isn't given as a gift will go to the Mountain Baby Blanket project along with the other three stash strippy quilts that are cut out but not yet stitched.

We had a major network server transfer/installation at work last weekend and now we're all coping with a million after-the-fact issues.  I'm one of the more technically savvy folks on the payroll, so I've spent the week going from desk to desk helping to fight the fires that keep burning (dear pity our office manager ~ she's about to tear her hair out or simply run away).

Spending evenings with my fabric is especially wonderful after the extra computer-generated stress at work!  [big news at the staff meeting Monday was 'no raises this year' ~ it could have been worse...]

Quiltdivajulie

6 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Always fun to see what you're up to. A lively, sweet, snuggly, happy little quilt you've got here. And like you said, a great way to let go of the days efforts.

As always you're making things work for you. Gotta dig that.

Hugs, *karendianne.

Twisted Quilts said...

I love what you did with the nursery rhyme fabric, it gives me some ideas!! I also adore the orange with it. I have a similar piece of fabric and I have fussy cut the characters and used square in a square but your method would be so much quicker.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Cute fabric. Glad you still have your job too!

YankeeQuilter said...

Fun fabric...seems like the folks who have jobs are being worked like crazy!

Mary Johnson said...

This one looks really cute too -- both quilts -- boy and girl look great.

Magpie Sue said...

Very cute quilt. Your accent choices were perfect!