
It was a weekend full of details for us . . . yardwork, housework, laundry, lots of time spent taming the out-of-control paper tiger, an airport run to pick up the kids after their Alaskan cruise and take them (and Tippy) home, family dinner, and time for extended conversations with DH after he spent last week in out of town 'training' meetings.

In the end, a great many nagging bits have been dealt with and silenced ~ at least for a little while. I can actually see the freshly-laundered quilt on my computer table again!

It took time and effort, but it feels good to have far fewer things on the to-do list. And there was plenty of time to enjoy the squirrel playing in the hostas, the robins splashing in the birdbath, and the clouds passing overhead. [the bear above was my maternal grandmother's ~ she won it at a street fair in the early 1900s ~ and the dress is one I made from a vintage nightgown. DH's grandfather fabricated the rocker from stainless steel ~ he worked as a supervisor in one of the Pittsburgh mills for many years.]
Lunchtime staff meeting at work on Monday . . . time will tell what is on the agenda.
Quiltdivajulie
----------------------
“Sometimes the most urgent thing you can possibly do is take a complete rest”
(Ashleigh Brilliant)
6 comments:
Oh it does feel good to get the "to do" list whittled down. I hope your work week goes well.
time well spent, it clears the mind and decks and you will be so much more productive in the coming week.
and you fit in fun stuff too! here's to a calm work week.
Thanks for the great tour of your lovely home. You have some great quilts around to enjoy! And I love that bear and her rocker - what a great history to both!
It feels good to get things organized. I always feel good after a weekend of getting things straightened out. And it is always wonderful to enjoy the little things like the squirrel in the hostas!
You sound cleansed. The photos you've shared are lovely and I love the story behind the Rocker. That is such a treasure. How neat! I also thought it was kinda really cool how you have your computer desk set up with this quilt and the glass over it.
You create everywhere you go! *karendianne.
Good job, getting those nagging details out of the way. I'm particularly bad about taking care of that kind of business.
That crib in the first photo looks very much like the one I have from when my father and then I and my siblings slept in as babies. My kids used it too. That was before the concerns about the spacing of the bars became well known. Thank goodness we all survived! I would like to use the crib much the way you have done but so far haven't been able to create the space for it.
Post a Comment