Thursday, January 29, 2009

Stash & Progress Notes

My order from e-quilter was waiting for me on the front porch last night when I got home after work ~ the fabrics are gorgeous!!

They've already been washed/dried/folded and will be used in one or more of the B&W challenge quilts I have planned for later this year.

I especially love the bottom piece ~ it is one of the Laurel Burch "basics" line.

I managed to stitch for a little while last night, so I snapped a series of process photos for the curved HST batik blocks. If you're curious about the method, you can see them here.

Big item to note - these are pieced with 1/8th inch seams. Seams wider than that cause the untrimmed block to be too small (of course, I guess you could cut the squares 7-1/2" instead of 7" to give yourself more working room).

Also spent an hour or so doing some handwork with a kitty curled in my lap ~ bliss.

Last PT session (at least for right now) is tonight after work . . .

Quiltdivajulie
---------------------------
"You can't help respecting anybody who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn't spell it right; but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling Tuesday simply doesn't count.” (Winnie the Pooh)

2 comments:

Desiree said...

Those curved HSTs are AWESOME! I would definitely use a 1/4" seam allowance and just make smaller blocks, but I am definitely going to try them! I love, love HSTs and a new way to do them is so neat! Thanks!

Wholly Jeanne said...

loving that b/w fabric. will enjoy watching it come together in something spectacular. good news about the pt . . .