These tie pillows were made almost 3 years ago for a co-worker where I used to work (previous law firm). Her dad passed away and the family just couldn't bear to give away Oble's ties. There were enough for each child and grandchild to have their own pillow. . . [I thought of this today when I was pondering my current tie project.] Spent 1-1/2 hours at the doctor's office after work ~ the good news is that the joint implant in my big toe is fine and no bones are broken. He wrapped the foot (including a gloriously hot pink outer wrap) and I'm to wear a surgical shoe through the end of the week to allow the foot time to heal (and for the swelling to go down). I'll be wearing a soft colorful sock on that foot since the toe area shows!
Had a series of brainstorms regarding my tie project today ~ confirming with Chris that she can work with what I'm considering. Hope to share photos of my plan as soon as I get upstairs (maybe tomorrow evening after my PT session). If this works, it will be wonderful! [there has been a great deal of pondering going on, trust me]
Time to go take apart a few more of the ties that Belinda shared ~ and there are more coming from some of the attorneys I work with (one of these days, so they tell me). SO many possibilities to consider!!!!
Quiltdivajulie
------------------------
"Opportunities multiply as they are seized." (Sun Tzu)
8 comments:
Those pillows are some of the neatest ways I have seen ties used. I'm not a fan of Dresdon plate tie quilts even though some others like them. I much prefer an abstract approach to their use.
I love those pillows.
Yesterday I posted 1.5 kgs of silk ties to you. They'll take about 2 weeks. Let me know if they arrive intact.
These tie pillows are glorious. I have a bunch of ties waiting to be used; will be eager to see what you do next.
Glad to hear the appt. is only good news - relatively speaking. These pillows are so neat and I'm psyched to see what is coming. You've grabbed my attention. Here you go again with that fearlessness I admire so much.
I love those necktie pillows!! What an excellent keepsake. I plan to make some just like these. A quilt with blocks like these would be beautiful too. Thank you so much for the inspiration.
Karen
Fabulous pillows!!
These are neat - what a great idea.
I have saved my husband's ties since he died of Leukemia at a very young age. I have been looking for ways to do something that would hold memories for our two daughters who are now young adults. The pillows you made are wonderful. I am going to attempt to make some. Thank you for the inspiration!
Post a Comment